Not everyone has that perfect skin, some people have dry skin and some have oily skin. Both types of people face many kinds of problem in daily life but those with oily skin have to face some more problems. Oily skin is prone to more acne, breakouts, excess oil production, blackheads, enlarge pores and other such problems.
Of course we do not have any say in what skin type we get but we can do a lot about the skin we have got. If you have oily skin then you have many benefits too. Oily skin tends to be more flexible and thus it shows the sign of ageing much later than those with dry skin. If you have oily skin then you will get wrinkles or rashes much later than others of your age. So, we have got some merits and we have got some demerits of oily skin.
In this article, we would get to know some powerful tips to get rid of oily skin problems. We will be using all natural home remedies to get rid of oily skin. All these natural home made tips for oily skin can be used by both men and women.
Reasons for Oily skin and its problems
Reasons for oily skin are mainly genetics or dietary habits or your lifestyle. We have got sebaceous glands below our skin which produce oil for our outer skin to protect it. These natural oils are important for us but in oily skin the oil production by these sebaceous glands is high which clogs the skin pores resulting into breakouts and blemishes.
High oil production is also the reason behind large and shiny pores which makes us look unattractive. We understand oily skin is little difficult to manage but with some right tips and habits you will start loving your skin. If you have chronic oily skin then you should consult a good dermatologist soon.
How to get rid of Oily skin Home Remedies
1. Lifestyle changes for Oily skin
There are certain things we do that make our oily skin produce more oils. Here are some healthy lifestyle changes that can help you control excess oil production on your skin. These healthy habits will also help you in keeping breakouts and blemishes at bay.
- Choose the right cleanser for oily skin and use it twice a day to cleanse your skin.
- Do not over wash your face. 2-3 times is fine.
- Keep your hands off your face. Your hands contain a lot of germs which can get transfer to face causing more acne. So, keep your hands off and also tie your hair behind so they won’t fall on your face.
- Use clean bath towels, pads or handkerchief. Use clean pillow covers.
- You might use face powder to get rid of that greasy look when you are outside but powder can turn out to be harmful in long run. They can get mix with the skin oils and clog the pores. Instead, keep powderless blotting paper in your bag and use it to soak away excess oil from your skin.
- Eat the right fats. Your skin reflects what you eat. If you are not eating right fats and right oils then your skin might produce more oils making your condition worse. Try to use olive oil in foods. Avoid outside oily foods because they do not contain healthy oils. Eat more raw vegetables and fruits
- Try natural home remedies to get rid of oily skin but do not over do. Overdoing anything can make your condition worse.
- Meet a dermatologist at least once to know your actual condition.
- Choose your makeup wisely. Try to use the beauty products that do not clog pores. They should be labelled “noncomedogenic”.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Do not use harsh soaps.
- Keep your skin moisturized. If your skin is over dry then your glans will produce more oil to keep it hydrated.
- Use sun screen when going out in sun.
2. Fuller Earth and Rose Water to get rid of oily skin
Clay mask is very helpful for treating oily skin. They can remove dead cells and wipe out all the extra oil from your skin. We can use fuller earth for this purpose.
How to use fuller earth and rose water for oily skin
- Take 2 tbsp of fuller earth in a bowl
- Add enough rose water to make thick paste.
- Apply this mask on your skin
- Let it dry for about 20-25 minutes
- Wash away.
Moisturize if it makes your skin too dry. Use this clay mask once or twice a week to get rid of oily skin. Remember, don’t overdo it okay. Once or twice a week is enough.
3. Yogurt to get rid of oily skin fast
Yogurt removes excess oil from our skin. It contains lactic acid and is a natural exfoliator.
How to use yogurt to get rid of oily skin
- Take 2 tbsp of unflavored yogurt in a bowl
- Spread it on your face
- Let it sit on your face for 15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
Use this home remedy to get rid of oily skin once a day. You will see reduction of oil and breakouts on your face in 2-3 weeks.
4. Sandalwood and lemon to get rid of oily skin
Sandalwood is great in removing excess oils along with acne, breakouts and even scars left behind by those breakouts. Sandalwood mask is used in many parts of Asia in beauty products and its very effective in getting rid of oily skin.
How to use sandalwood and lemon to get rid of oily skin
- Take 2 tbsp of sandalwood powder
- Add some lemon juice to make a thick paste
- Spread this paste on your face and neck
- Let it dry
- Wash off
Try to obtain red sandalwood powder for this purpose. Red sandalwood powder is most effective. You can use this mask twice a week to get rid of oily skin soon.
5. Drink more water to get rid of oily skin and acne
Hydration is very important to control excess oil production in oily skin. If your skin is dehydrated then it will stress your sebaceous glands to produce more oils. Which can cause more clogged pores and more acne.
Drink at least 2-3 liters of water daily. You can also add other liquids like juices, coconut water to get more nutrition along with hydrating yourself. Quit smoking and limit your alcohol intake. Alcohol dehydrates our body.
Drinking more water has other benefits too. It will flush out toxins from your system and cleanse our skin. However, don’t overdo it or anything. Drinking too much water can flood your kidneys. 2-3 litres of water a day is enough.
6. Tomato to get rid of oily skin
Tomato can help you in many ways. It is packed with antioxidants and vital nutrients. It is anti bacterial and skin lightner. Tomato mask can help you get rid of oily skin along with dead cells, unclog your pores and lighten your skin.
How to use tomato to get rid of oily skin
- Take a fresh tomato and blend it
- Apply the paste on your face using your fingers or cotton ball
- Leave it on for 25 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
Use this home remedy to get rid of oily skin twice a week.
7. Baking soda scrub to get rid of oily skin
Baking soda is a great exfoliator. It removes dead cells, dirt and pollution from our skin and unclog the pores. It is effective in removing acne and reduce acne marks.
How to use baking soda scrub to get rid of oily skin
- Take 1 tbsp of baking soda in a bowl
- Add some lemon juice or simple water in the bowl
- Gently scrub your face and neck with this mixture for about 5 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Use this scrub once a week to get effective results.
8. Apples for oily skin
Apples are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A and fiber. They not only clean our face or excess oil, dirt and dead cells but also tones and softens our skin.
How to use apple to get rid of oily skin
- Take a fresh apple
- Blend it and add some oatmeal to it
- Mix and make a paste
- Apply it all over your face, avoid eyes
- Leave it on for 20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
You can also add some honey to make it more effective. Use this home remedy to get rid of oily skin once a week.
9. Orange peel to get rid of oily skin
Oranges as well as their peels are very effective and are used in many beauty treatments. They are packed with Vitamin C and fatty acids.
How to use orange peels to get rid of oily skin
- Take some dried orange peels
- Grind them make fine powder
- Add some rose water or lemon juice to make a pate
- Apply this mixture on your face
- Let it sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
Use this home remedy once or twice a week to get rid of oily skin. Use regularly for effective results.
10. Raw Potato to get rid of oily skin
Raw potato juice is very helpful in getting rid of oily skin. It is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature. It has bleaching properties too that helps skin lightning.
How to use raw potato to get rid of oily skin
- Take a raw potato
- Blend it and make a smooth paste
- Apply it on your face
- Leave it on for 20 minutes
- Wash away with lukewarm water.
You can use this home remedy to get rid of oily skin twice a week.
Hope this home remedies to get rid of oily skin would help you. They are all very effective if used regularly. All of these home remedies can be used by both men and women.
Share your experience with us in comments.
Incoming search terms :
oily skin home remedies
oily skin men
oily skin causes
how to get rid of oily skin
beauty tips for oily skin
oily skin makeup
moisturizer for oily skin
oily skin face wash
21 home remedies for oily skin face
oily skin home remedies in hindi
oily skin home remedies acne
home remedies for oily skin in summer
home remedies for oily skin and pimples